The Black Box - A deep, deep dive into a mind-bending signature dish.
Since its inception in late 2018, the mysterious Black Box has been the dramatic finale to every one of Chef Peter Gunn’s 10-course degustation dinners at his Collingwood restaurant Ides, and for very good reason. A featureless, jet black cube of ash black chocolate on the outside houses a shifting trove of treasured tastes so technically terrifying those poor MasterChef contestants are probably still having nightmares.
But what goes into the making of a stunning signature like this? Where does the initial inspiration come from? And what exactly are the intricacies of gastronomical flux and flow, warp and weft needed to transform that original idea into final ‘finished’ form? This little book aims to find out, as we make like Pandora and lift the lid on each and every aspect and element of this most curious of culinary cuboids. So… we guess that just begs one question. Who’s up for coming down, down, down this particular rabbit hole with us?
96 Page paperback
Cover: Mock up only*
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES PLEASE READ:
All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE:
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Turn around time from approval to printed books in mail is 10-12 weeks.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES:
Please note, currently all Australian and US titles are only available for delivery from June onwards. All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.