Please note, orders after 12th November 2021 will be shipped from 14th December 2021.
Welcome to small world
In the sprawling realm of Tokyo, little worlds can be found in even the tiniest of places
In a Sangenjaya backstreet, the distinctive glow from Pigalle’s scarlet-painted walls beckons passersby and regulars alike. Inside the petite space (just 16m2!), counters are topped with flower-filled vases, glittering baubles dangle overhead year-round, sumo shows on the TV screen, and craft beer and cider are sipped at ease. The vibe, says owners Hide and Chie Yamada, feels just like a home.
Although Pigalle is Tokyo's smallest craft beer bar and bottle shop, there are even smaller worlds inside to discover, so join Hide and Chie as they take us on a trip through their bar and its quirky microcosms, starting with the fridge and ending... in the toilet cubicle! Find out how they secured a bottle shop license (Japan’s first), what’s in their fridge (and why), and the wild and wonderful ways in which the unique bathroom space doubles up as both an art gallery and mini nightclub. If you’re ready for the ride, take our hand(s) and pre-order the very first Take away Tokyo book now!
96 Page paperback
Cover: Mock up only
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE:
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Turn around time from approval to printed books in mail is 12-16 weeks.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES:
Please note, currently all Australian and US titles are only available for delivery from July onwards. All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.