Lankan Filling StationSQ8396154
Lankan Filling Station
A spice story and compilation of culinary meditations
A tale of ten spices and a curry powder
After years of journeying around market stalls and pop-ups, O Tama Carey finally found a home for her hoppers on Darlinghurst’s Riley Street in 2018. The city of Sydney has been thanking her ever since – the heady combination of traditional Sri Lankan home cooking, freshly ground spices and modern touches both delighting locals and thrilling critics from all over the globe. Here O Tama tells the tale of the curry powder that forms the backbone of her Sri Lankan cooking and is used as the base for a dazzling array of distinctly flavoured dishes, along with chapters on each of the nine spices that go into making it. Filled with memories and observations, it is both an invitation to journey through the digressive mind of a top chef at work, and a hymn to one very special, singular recipe. Like Lankan itself, this promises to be an unmissable treat.
96 Page paperback
Cover: Mock up only*
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES PLEASE READ:
All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE:
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Turn around time from approval to printed books in mail is 12-16 weeks.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES:
Please note, currently all Australian and US titles are only available for delivery from July onwards. All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.